Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Serenity Prayer ...

Serenity Prayer
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at at time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is;
not as I would have it;
trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to your will;
so that I I may be reasonable happy in this life.
and supremely happy with you forever in the next.
Amen
Reinhold Niebuhr



Serenity   definition: (noun)
the quality or state of being calm and peaceful

Source:
The 12 Steps - A Spiritual Journey
A working Guide for Healing Damaged Emotions
ISBN: 0-941405-44-3

Serenity Merriam-Webster definition
image: google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting ♥